Sunday, January 8, 2017

Photo Album Link and Getting SCUBA Certified

Dana and I made this trip together and a photo album from the trip is available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFY4XuOzgB9PpVrX2

A blog follows:
January 5, 2017: As posted on Facebook, 16 months ago I never even thought about ever SCUBA Diving -- but in my preparations for my first Bali trip in September/October 2015, I decided to give it a try. I blogged about that experience here. During that trip I completed 4 "Discover SCUBA" dives - no certification required - here at Bambu Divers located within the Pondok Bambu Seaside Bungalows. For me, SCUBA is a supreme challenge of trust -- both in the person(s) you dive with but also in your equipment -- and it gave me great comfort to continue to dive with Balinese dive master Danill:

in this Dutch owned/operated dive center -- where I also got to know the owner/dive instructor Gerard:

So when I returned in October 2016, I enjoyed two more "Discover SCUBA" dives here and committed myself to becoming certified -- completing the course work/exams online (e-learning) and practical training and four dives with Gerard. Today I completed all that and earned my PADI Open Water Diving Certification:



No comments:

Post a Comment